Monday, July 11, 2011

More progress

Following finishing working on the code for now, I moved on to documentation. I started with drafting a short PEP which describes the proposed changes (I've actually had it written for a few days but I wanted to incorporate Nick's comments before making it public): Import Engine PEP XXX.

With the mid-term evaluation imminent, I revisited my proposal and made sure all the deliverables are in place. I ended up doing things in a different order, mainly because at the time of writing I didn't quite understand how things are organised in the code but it seems I got everything to work. The PEP draft and also some misc functionality are a nice bonus on top of that. This means during the second part of GSoC (assuming my evaluation goes smoothly), I should have time to make my code integrate well with importlib so that there's no code duplication etc. and also polish the PEP, as well as implement remaining features.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I have some feedback the PEP, but I'll get those to you by email so I can format them better. Are you planning on posting this to the import-sig mailing list soon? If so I will wait for that.

    ReplyDelete